Start a Society
Starting a society is easier than it seems and is very worthwhile. There are so many benefits and it doesn't have to be very time consuming.
If you've got a great idea for a new student-lead group, we want to hear from you. Whatever your passion or interest, running a society will help you to bring like-minded students together, opening you up to a whole network of people you didn't even realise you had right here on campus.
Want to start a new society? Here are some tips and tricks to get you started!
- Make sure you have a minimum of 3 committed people ready to be a President, Treasurer and Secretary.
- Check out the resource library to find out more about committee roles and what kind of responsibilities you'll have as a committee member.
- Fill in the society pack form.
- Attend SU events such as social sports and freshers week events to find new members for your society. Being prepared and always having the next meet-up or event in the diary will encourage your members to keep active and involved.
- Organise a meeting with our Sports and Societies Coordinator via email: email@example.com, and bring your filled in society pack.
- Attend freshers/refreshers comittee training.
- Know your SU. We are here to help! We will try to answer all questions during committee training, but you can always get in touch with us by dropping into the office, messaging us on Facebook or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org