The Science and Technology Campaign brings together all students across our campuses that are from the Science and Technology Department.
This page will:
- Keep you up to date with relevant news from your Department Officer
- Inform you about upcoming opportunities to get involved with
- Provide updates on Campaign points, social activities and representation for the members
Your SU Science and Technology Officer
I look forward to voicing all of your views about our department; thank-you all for having confidence in me!
Favourite Film: 2012
Favourite Food: Bacon
Favourite Quote: “Just because something doesn't do what you planned it to do doesn't mean it's useless.” - Thomas Edison
If you want to speak to me you will find me around campus (I will have an Orange SU lanyard, and might even be in my Student Officer Hoody), OR you can get into contact with me via the Typeform below
Here is what I will be working on this year:
1) The lack of integration within the science and technology department
2) The lack of unity between different departments
3) The lack of science and technology speakers
4) The lack of presence from the STEM community at our careers events
5) The lack of vending facilities in the James Hehir building
6) The lack of feedback from exams
Here is the manifesto that I won my election on:
I’m Harvey and I’m a first year (BSc) Hons Bioscience Student. I’m running for Science & Technology Department Officer to represent your views. I’m really committed to representing our department in the best way and making active changes for the benefit of all students. I will stand up and represent your views to bring about changes that will enhance all our experiences at the University of Suffolk and inspire us to be the best.
What are my priorities?
- The lack of integration within the science and technology department. I aim to increase the sense of community with students on other science and technology related degrees by developing links to the newly reformed Sci-Tech society and holding collaborative events.
- The lack of unity between different departments. It takes people with different skill sets collaborating to achieve goals. I aim to increase the number of events where different departments can contribute together e.g. the art and science departments collaborating to display scientific research in an artistic way, so that it is easier for the public to understand the meaning of the research.
- The lack of science and technology speakers. I aim to utilise the lecturers contacts and the University’s presence to get more science and technology speakers in to talk about their work.
- The lack of presence from the STEM community at our careers events. I would aim to increase the presence of STEM at our careers events and create opportunities to visit STEM careers fairs across the UK.
- The lack of vending facilities in the James Hehir building. I would aim to place vending facilities in the James Hehir building to allow students to purchase hot drinks and snacks during their breaks from lectures.
- The lack of feedback from exams. I would campaign so that students can view their exam papers after the grades have been ratified so that they can understand and improve their results for subsequent exams.
Now you know about me and what my priorities I really hope that you will support me and vote for me.
Want to see something else:
If you want to hear about what other Student Officers are working on, click here
If you are interested in becoming a Course Rep or Student Officer, click here
If you want to join or create an amazing Society, click here
If you want to get your body moving with a sport or activity, click here
If you want to see some great upcoming events, click here
If you require support from SU Advice, click here
If you wanna see some lush discounts, click here