The Health Studies Campaign brings together all students across our campuses that are from the Health Studies Department.
This page will:
- Keep you up to date with relevant news from your Department Officer
- Inform you about upcoming opportunities to get involved with
- Provide updates on Campaign points, social activities and representation for the members
Your SU Health Studies Officer
I am excited to represent such a large student body as health studies department officer and I look forward to future projects!
I'm a Paramedic Student
Favourite Film: Lion King
Favourite Food: Carbonara
Favourite Quote: “The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new” - Socrates
If you want to speak to me you will find me around campus (I will have an Orange SU lanyard, and might even be in my Student Officer Hoody), OR you can get into contact with me via the Typeform below
Here is what I will be working on this year:
1) I will get the SU to adapt how they engage with and support health studies students while on placement
2) I will push for the use of technology while on placement to keep our student body heard
3) I will make myself avilable for you to speak to and I want to build better bridges between health courses, so we can all come together and support each other as a community of health care professionals
4) I will raise awareness on the difficulties we experience on placement and try to make it a smoother, more organised experience
Here is the manifesto that I won my election on:
A big proportion of the student population at UOS are health students and we, like any other students should be able to access the full range of what the SU and what the University has to offer. However, as health students you will know that placement makes staying involved with university life somewhat difficult. But why should it be? We live in an age where most things are instant and the power to communicate through multiple platforms is in your pocket. So why do health students miss out on so many things when on placement when communication is so easily accessible now?
As Health studies department officer, I will get the SU to adapt how they engage with and support health studies students while on placement.
I will push for the use of technology while on placement to keep our student body heard.
I will listen carefully to your concerns and try my best to implement change for a happier, more supported student experience. I will do this by spending 1-2 hours a week speaking to students
I will raise awareness on the difficulties we experience on placement and try to address making it a smoother, more organised experience.
Want to see something else:
If you want to hear about what other Student Officers are working on, click here
If you are interested in becoming a Course Rep or Student Officer, click here
If you want to join or create an amazing Society, click here
If you want to get your body moving with a sport or activity, click here
If you want to see some great upcoming events, click here
If you require support from SU Advice, click here
If you wanna see some lush discounts, click here